This blog is discuss the book I have read. I like to read books on Christian theology, history, political, and fiction.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Books I like to read.

There are a lot of books that I have read or I want to read. The types of books I like to read cover several different types. I like to read christian books. I like to read books by the puritans. I like to read books by Thomas Watson, John Bunyan and others like them.

I also like to read books on history. I like to read books on military subjects. I like to read on the US civil war. I read on battles and tactics. My favorite general was Thomas J. Jackson. I do not care to read about modern wars.

I also like to read books of fiction. I like alternete history and science fiction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Hi Johnnie,

Thanks for linking me! I'm going to put you in my side bar as soon as I have the time to sit down and think about ALL the changes I need to be making.

I, too, am a Civil War buff and have read a great deal about the Civil War. (Check out some of my books in my library--you probably have some of the same books!)

My favorite is Chamberlain. In fact, I have an outline and the beginnings of a book about Little Round Top. Trying to right a book was a good experience but I learned that having a great concept is a whole lot different from have the ability to get it down on paper. I still think about it from time to time, but doubt I will ever take another crack at it.

Sometime I share a little bit about my idea for the book with you.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Johnnie Burgess said...

I might not have a lot of civil war books, but I read a lot in high school.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Johnnie Burgess said...

I have been to Little Roundtop. Chamberlain and the 20th Maine played a huge role at Gettysburg.

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home